Our team in Duns
In Duns, the Vestry officers include a Chair, Treasurer, Minutes’ Secretary and Property Convenor. There is a Child Protection Officer, appointed in compliance with the SEC Child Protection Policy, and as such, reports to Vestry.
Priest-in-Charge: Reverend Chris Jones
Organist, Professor Paul Starkey LRAM ARCM
Helen Page (Editor of the Newsletter)
VESTRY Members of Vestry 2020:
Reverend Chris Jones (ex officio)
Chair of Vestry: In 2020 this rotates; Christ Jones January-March; Paul Starkey April-June; Aline Hay and others to follow (Chair)
Janet Starkey ( Vestry Secretary)
Genny Dixon (Treasurer)
Vestry meetings are normally held each month in the School Room but arebeing conductd by ZOOM during the Pandemic. The minutes of Vestry meetings are taken and produced by the Vestry Secretary.
Vestry is responsible for organising an Annual General Meeting to report to the congregation and any Extra General Meetings of the Congregation on specific issues.
Various sub-groups have been set up to help the Church pursue its Mission Plans. These sub-groups meet several times a year and report to Vestry. They include a Worship Group, a Pastoral Care Group, an Outward-Looking Group; and a Finance Group. Each group is chaired by a Vestry member.
Priest-in-Charge: Revd Chris Jones (ex officio)
Andrew Lester (Convenor)
Paul Starkey (Organist)
This group is responsible for organising services and supporting clergy. Its tasks include
- setting up services (including weddings, christenings and funerals), vigils and appraising them afterwards with the support of the Rector
- organising church music, readers, intercessions, and lay talks (i.e. sermons given by lay persons).
- inviting visiting clergy. Members of the group keep in touch with any ordained retired priests in the area who might officiate from time to time.
- ensuring that service booklets, candle stands, wafers and communion wine are provided
- ensuring that the organ is maintained to a high standard
- ensuring that the sound system and other audio-visual aids (ava) are working effectively
- establishing the ongoing needs for training
NB. Christ Church conforms to the regulations set out by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (www.oscr.org.uk/) and in the General Datta Protection Regulations. It also follows the guidelines for vestry members as laid down by the Diocese